It doesn’t matter what level of experience you have planning and organizing functions to show your support in the fight against heart disease. We have all the tools, tips, lists and resources you need to make it easy and fun to create a Wear Red Day event of your own.
National Wear Red Day® is celebrated on the first Friday in February of each year. And this year, Feb. 7, 2014, will mark our 11th Annual National Wear Red Day®. We want the celebration to be bigger, louder and redder than ever. And with your help, we can make this ambitious goal a reality.
This list will help you get started:
- Announce the event date and location as far ahead as possible.
- Sign up to get downloadable resources like flyers, posters, mail templates, fundraising kits and other items that you’ll need.
- Send invitations and follow up with reminders.
- Build excitement around the event by hanging posters and handing out flyers in your community.
- If you’re planning a fundraiser, create an online fundraising page by following these simple instructions.
- Plan ahead for a speaker like a cardiologist or heart disease survivor. If you need one, contact your local American Heart Association office for recommendations.
- If you serve food, think heart-healthy and red.
- Hand out heart health guides.
- Consider activities like heart-healthy cooking demos or free blood pressure checks.
- Add to fundraising totals with a bake sale, raffle or silent auction.
- Give attendees a participant certificate and provide tax receipt forms for cash donations.
- Ask those who can’t attend to donate online.
How will you put your individual stamp on the event? That’s where your spirit and creativity come in. Think big. Go bold. Get everyone you know excited about a future where heart disease in women is non-existent. Help make this the year we turn America red and turn the corner in the fight against heart disease.
It’s time to Go Red. Join us.