Go Red for Women®
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Questions
Find some answers or ask your own question
The American Heart Association’s signature women’s initiative, Go Red for Women, is a comprehensive platform designed to increase women’s heart health awareness and serve as a catalyst for change to improve the lives of women globally.
It’s no longer just about wearing red; it’s no longer just about sharing heart health facts. It’s about all women making a commitment to stand together with Go Red and taking charge of their own heart health as well as the health of those they can’t bear to live without. Making a commitment to your health isn’t something you have to do alone either, so grab a friend or a family member and make a Go Red Healthy Behavior Commitment today.
Nearly 80 percent of cardiac events can be prevented, cardiovascular diseases continue to be a woman’s greatest health threat.
Go Red For Women has all kinds of ways to get involved and use your talents.
You want to learn about signs, symptoms and risk factors?
If you or a love one have been diagnosed or you are a caregiver for someone with a cardiovascular condition, all the information out there can be overwhelming.
Take your time reading through our information and be sure not to overwhelm yourself. We're here for you.Blood Pressure Management
Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
Stroke Symptoms in Women
You can join Research Goes Red!
The AHA’s Go Red for Women® movement and Verily’s Project Baseline have joined forces to launch Research Goes Red and are calling on women across the United States to contribute to health research.
By joining Research Goes Red, you can:
- Contribute through clinical research, surveys, focus groups
- Only participate in the studies that you're interested in, no obligation
- Help shape the future of disease management and care
- Learn about your own health while helping improve health for all
- And more
Research Goes Red
Congratulations! You've taken the first step to living healthy.
Your purchase of every official Go Red for Women® product supports the fight to end heart disease and stroke in women.Get Go Red Gear
Don't Die of Doubt
When an emergency strikes, hospitals are still the safest place – even during a pandemic. Call 911 at the first sign of a heart attack or stroke.
In the News
News affecting women's healthRead more women's health news
Join the Go Red for Women Movement!
Live your best life by learning your risk for heart disease and taking action to reduce it. We can help.
American Heart Association Events in Your Area
Get involved. Join the movement.
- Greater Washington DC Heart Walk, Location: Online Event, Date: Friday, November 6, 2020 - 12:00 AM
- Greater Washington Region Heart Ball, Location: Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Date: Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 06:30 PM
- Heart's Delight Wine Tasting & Auction, Location: Various locations in DC, Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 - 05:00 PM
- American Heart Association Annual Golf Tournament, Location: Woodmont Country Club, Rockville, MD, Date: Monday, May 17, 2021 - 08:30 AM
Signs and Symptoms
It is imperative that women learn the warning signs and symptoms of heart disease and stroke, see a doctor regularly, and learn their family history.
Go Red Gear
Get your official Go Red gear here! National Wear Red Day® is February 7th. Every purchase supports our mission.