Green Beans and Red Potatoes
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons light tub margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Calories 49
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 129 mg
- Carbohydrates 9 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 2 g
Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch
- In a large saucepan, steam the green beans and potatoes for 8 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Transfer to a medium serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring until the paprika is well combined.
© American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes like this from our Go Red For Women magazine cookbooks published by Publications International, Ltd. (PIL) at ShopHeart.org.