Serves 8; 1/2 cup per serving
Baked Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium sweet apples, such as Rome Beauty or Gala, peeled, each sliced into 10 wedges
- 3 tablespoons light tub margarine
- Calories 101
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 61 mg
- Carbohydrates 21 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Sugars 14 g
- Protein 1 g
Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 1 1/2-quart glass casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
- In the casserole dish, layer in order half each of the sweet potatoes, apples, and cinnamon-sugar. Dot with about half the margarine. Repeat.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and apples are soft.
© American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes like this from our Go Red For Women magazine cookbooks published by Publications International, Ltd. (PIL) at ShopHeart.org.