Register and Be Recognized
The Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol™ recognition program acknowledges ambulatory health centers and systems in their efforts to reduce heart attacks and strokes by appropriately managing cholesterol in their at-risk patient populations. The program is designed to help participants improve clinical practice while being celebrated for their hard work and dedication throughout the process.
Register now to enroll in the initiative and receive timely information about data submission and recognition opportunities. Registration is available year-round. Recognition eligibility is based on the previous calendar year, and data must be entered into our data submission tool before recognition closes on May 28, 2021.
We will help promote your success as an example for others to follow. Each Participant and Gold Award recipient will receive a certificate to display their commitment and accomplishment in managing high cholesterol. More information on award levels and the submission process can be found in our downloadable recognition resource.
Additionally, all awardees will receive:
Promotion from the AHA via media and event recognition
Media assets for community recognition
Toolkit of materials and digital assets such as a template press release and award images
To register, you will need to know:
- Your organization’s total adult (21-75 years) patient population count
- The total number of clinical providers in your organization
- Your organization’s total adult number of patients that are a race other than white and/or identify as Latino or Hispanic ethnicity
- The total number of clinic locations in your health system
- Your organization's characteristics, such as multi-specialty, Federally Qualified Health Center, etc.
Step 1: New Participant Registration
All practices should register with the Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol program whether they would like to submit for Participation or Gold awards or not. Registrants will have access to the latest program information, tools, and resources.
- Previously registered participants do not need to re-register year-to-year.
Step 2: Recognition Data Submission
- Sites that would like to be considered for either award level will be required to submit information for the previous calendar year in our data submission platform. To get started, listen to our Data Submission 101 webinar.
- Recognition data submission closes on May 28, 2021 for all award eligibility.
- We’ve created new, short tutorial videos on navigating the data platform and submitting data.
- Registered organizations will be sent platform login credentials from ‘AHA Support’ via email within 72 hours of registration.
- If you haven’t received your login credentials or need assistance, contact us.
Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol Related Resources
Data Submission Quick User Guide
Use this downloadable step-by-step guide to get started submitting your data.
Data Collection Worksheet
This short downloadable document will help registrants prepare for the application process.
Use this downloadable document to preview our registration and recognition process
Recognition Fact Sheet
Find an overview of the program benefits and how to participate.
Frequently asked questions about the Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol Recognition Program.
Amgen is a proud sponsor of the American Heart Association’s Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol.™ Initiative.