Serves 4; 1/2 cup per serving
Roasted Carrots, Beets, and Red Onion Wedges
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium beets (about 5 ounces each), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch wedges, and patted dry with paper towels
- 3 small carrots (about 2 ounces each), cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces (not baby carrots)
- 1 medium red onion (about 4 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Calories 78
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 155 mg
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Sugars 9 g
- Protein 2
- Dietary Exchanges 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil to keep it from getting stained. Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Put the beets, carrots, and onion wedges on the foil. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the oregano and salt over the vegetables, stirring gently to coat. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer so they don’t touch.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir. Roast for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender when pierced with a fork.
Cook’s Tip: Avoid getting beet stains on your hands by peeling the beets under cold running water.