How Sleep Affects Your Health Infographic
Descargar un archivo PDF
1 in 3 adults don’t get enough sleep.
¿Cuánto sueño necesita?
Most adults need 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night. Kids and teens need even more. Yet the average high school student gets only 6.5 hours per school night, and about 20% get 5 hours or less!
Benefits of good sleep
- Healing and repair of cells, tissues and blood vessels
- Better brain function including alertness, decision-making, focus, learning, memory, reasoning and problem-solving
- More creativity and productivity
- Improved mood and energy
- Healthy growth and development for kids and teens
- Better ability to build muscle
- Quicker reflexes
- Less risk of chronic disease
- Stronger immune system
Poor sleep may put you at higher risk for:
- Enfermedad de Alzheimer
- Cardiovascular disease
- Cognitive decline and dementia
- Hipertensión arterial
- High blood sugar
- Colesterol alto
Poor sleep can cause:
- Problemas respiratorios
- Hormone imbalance
- Memory and cognitive issues
- Increased appetite and unhealthy eating
- Aumento de peso
Remember: 7 to 9 will help you feel fine, so get your ZZZs!
Learn more at heart.org/sleep.