The Health Insurance Marketplace makes it easier for people without health care coverage to learn their options and enroll in a plan that meets their needs.
- The Health Insurance Marketplace at healthcare.gov and HealthSherpa are resources where people without insurance can shop for private health insurance that fits their budget.
- Consumers can compare premiums, deductibles and out-of-pocket costs under various plans.
- Consumers can also check to see if the are eligible for programs like Medicaid and learn more about premium assistance (also called advance premium tax credits).
Making Health Insurance Affordable
To help make coverage more affordable, financial help — the Health Insurance Premium Tax Credit — is available to almost 80% of uninsured consumers who use the Health Insurance Marketplace or HealthSherpa.
When to Apply:
More than 20 million people have gained coverage through the Affordable Care Act. For most states, open enrollment is Nov. 1-Dec. 15. But some states have longer enrollment periods. Find out more about your state’s open enrollment deadlines.
States Enrollment Periods
- California - October 15, 2019 – January 15, 2020
- Colorado November 1, 2019 – January 15, 2020
- Massachusetts- November 1, 2019 – January 23, 2020
- Minnesota November 1, 2019 – December 23, 2019
- New York November 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020
- Rhode Island - November 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019
- Washington, DC November 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020
- All other states November 1, 2019 – December 15, 2019
How to Apply:
You can shop, apply for and enroll in coverage in 4 ways:
- Go online at www.healthcare.gov.
- Call toll-free 1-800-318-2596.
- Get in-person assistance at localhelp.healthcare.gov.
- Get assistance over the phone from HealthSherpa.com.
Learn more and get started today