The Health Insurance Marketplace, available at HealthCare.gov(link opens in new window), makes it easier for people without health care coverage to learn their options and enroll in a plan that meets their needs.
- Consumers can compare premiums, deductibles and out-of-pocket costs under various plans.
- Consumers can also check to see if they are eligible for programs including Medicaid and learn more about premium assistance (also called advance premium tax credits).
Making Health Insurance Affordable
To help make coverage more affordable, financial help — the Health Insurance Premium Tax Credit — is available to almost 80% of uninsured consumers who buy a plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
When to Apply:
People in most states can enroll in a Marketplace plan NOW through May 15. Some states have different enrollment periods. Find out more about your state’s open enrollment dates at HealthCare.gov.
How to Apply:
You can shop, apply for and enroll in coverage in 4 ways:
- Go online at HealthCare.gov.
- Call toll-free 1-800-318-2596.
- Get in-person assistance at localhelp.healthcare.gov(link opens in new window).
- Get assistance over the phone from HealthSherpa.com(link opens in new window).
Learn more and get started today