¿Qué es una ración?

humus y verduras

It’s important to fuel your body properly. You may be eating plenty of food. But you may not be eating the nutrient-dense foods your body needs for good health. Nutrient-dense foods have vitamins, minerals, fiber, complex carbohydrates, lean protein and healthy fats. They also are relatively low in calories.

Una dieta sana se centra en determinados alimentos y se basa en una cierta cantidad de raciones al día. Pero puede surgirle una pregunta: ¿qué se considera una ración?

Es una gran pregunta. Es muy sencillo considerar una cantidad excesiva como una sola ración, sobre todo cuando se trata de los alimentos que nos gustan.

Here’s the breakdown of recommended servings per day for several kinds of foods for a 2,000-calorie diet with examples of servings sizes of foods within each group:

Grains: 6 ounces (oz) per day. Serving sizes =  ½ cup cooked rice, pasta or cooked cereal; 1 oz. dry pasta or rice; 1 slice bread; 1 cup ready-to-eat cereal flakes.

Vegetables: 2 ½ cups per day. Serving sizes 1 cup equivalent of vegetables is 1 cup raw vegetable or vegetable juice, 2 cups leafy salad greens.

Fruits: 2 cups per day. Serving sizes = 1 cup equivalent is 1 cup fruit or ½ cup of 100% fruit juice (orange juice, etc.) or 1/3 cup of a fruit juice blend.

Protein foods (meat, poultry, fish, dry beans and nuts): 5 ½ oz. per day. Serving sizes = 3 oz. cooked lean meat, poultry or fish; 2 egg whites or 1 egg; ¼ cup cooked beans; 1 tbsp. peanut butter; ½ oz. unsalted nuts/seeds. Note that ¼ cup cooked beans = 1 oz. protein equivalent but ½ cup cooked beans = 1 vegetable.

Fat-free or low-fat dairy foods (milk, yogurt and cheese): 3 cups per day. Serving sizes: 1 cup equivalent is 1 cup milk or yogurt, 1½ oz. natural cheese such as cheddar cheese, or 2 oz. processed cheese.

Reglas generales útiles

Estas son algunas directrices útiles sobre el tamaño de las raciones que debe recordar:

  • One cup of raw leafy vegetables or a baked potato should be about the size of a baseball or average -sized fist.
  • Three ounces of cooked lean meat or poultry is about the size of a deck of cards or the palm of your hand.
  • A teaspoon of soft margarine is about the size of a postage stamp.
  • One serving of fat-free or low-fat cheese is about the size of a pair of dice.

Consider setting a goal to eat healthy, nutrient-dense foods 85% of the time. You can use the remaining 15% for an occasional treat, or for times when you’re crunched for time and have to prioritize convenience over nutrition

Y aquí va una idea para reflexionar: Una vez que empiece a comer bien, será más fácil que su ser querido también comience a tener hábitos saludables y nutritivos.